My name is Melissa. When I was very young my mom called me Lissa. That was supposed to be my nickname. When I entered school and was too afraid to tell what I wanted, I was saddled with the moniker Missy. I hated it. Always have, always will. By jr. high Missy was going halvsies with Melissa. By high school there were just a few holdouts. (To this day, they get a pass. You, however, do not.) There were a couple of other nicknames too, but those belong to stories for other days. College offered a fresh beginning. A time to be who I wanted. I became…Mel? Yep, Mel. For some deep, dark psychological reason I didn’t become Lissa. So, here I am, back to Melissa, still planning on switching to Lissa someday. And wondering why I haven’t yet and when I will.
- Hey, @POTUS, what happened?! https://t.co/itSjwOb680 6 days ago
- Hey, @ladygaga, look at this beautiful tribute to you on Inauguration Day! twitter.com/ahitchck/statu… 1 week ago
- Over a month later @googlemaps still hasn’t fixed my address. 4 weeks ago
- Ron Laundry twitter.com/KimmyMonte/sta… 4 weeks ago
- RT @therecount: Fauci moods: Biden briefings vs. Trump briefings https://t.co/rNS6sIu9ZF 1 month ago
Don’t make me repeat myself