My name is Melissa. When I was very young my mom called me Lissa. That was supposed to be my nickname. When I entered school and was too afraid to tell what I wanted, I was saddled with the moniker Missy. I hated it. Always have, always will. By jr. high Missy was going halvsies with Melissa. By high school there were just a few holdouts. (To this day, they get a pass. You, however, do not.) There were a couple of other nicknames too, but those belong to stories for other days. College offered a fresh beginning. A time to be who I wanted. I became…Mel? Yep, Mel. For some deep, dark psychological reason I didn’t become Lissa. So, here I am, back to Melissa, still planning on switching to Lissa someday. And wondering why I haven’t yet and when I will.
- RT @cedfunches: Do you personally know anyone that has contracted COVID-19? No names, just yes or no. 2 weeks ago
- RT @slackmistress: Hey @BellyBandit! Why is your co-founder refusing to pay her gardener & asking if he’s a legal citizen? https://t.co/glY… 3 weeks ago
- Hey, Lori Caden of @BellyBandit, how about you pay your gardener?! 3 weeks ago
- Hey, Lori Caden of @shop_proof, how about paying your gardener?! 3 weeks ago
- RT @novysan: Never has a GIF made me cry. Until tonight. [origin unknown] https://t.co/Ud61wmy3jx 3 weeks ago
Don’t make me repeat myself