My name is Melissa. When I was very young my mom called me Lissa. That was supposed to be my nickname. When I entered school and was too afraid to tell what I wanted, I was saddled with the moniker Missy. I hated it. Always have, always will. By jr. high Missy was going halvsies with Melissa. By high school there were just a few holdouts. (To this day, they get a pass. You, however, do not.) There were a couple of other nicknames too, but those belong to stories for other days. College offered a fresh beginning. A time to be who I wanted. I became…Mel? Yep, Mel. For some deep, dark psychological reason I didn’t become Lissa. So, here I am, back to Melissa, still planning on switching to Lissa someday. And wondering why I haven’t yet and when I will.
- RT @jamesmarsh83: 1985 - "She-ra sucks" 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 200… 13 hours ago
- Yes! twitter.com/slackmistress/… 15 hours ago
- RT @dabeard: Here are pictures of the journalists killed under Putin. I’d like to say the man who represents my nation would denounce that,… 19 hours ago
- RT @michaelianblack: Hi @dloesch, do you remember a couple weeks ago when you told me the NRA isn't under FBI investigation? Did you see th… 1 day ago
- RT @Kevinliptakcnn: Trump was reading for a typewritten script during his "clarification" moment but he made some handwritten additions, in… 1 day ago
Don’t make me repeat myself