My name is Melissa. When I was very young my mom called me Lissa. That was supposed to be my nickname. When I entered school and was too afraid to tell what I wanted, I was saddled with the moniker Missy. I hated it. Always have, always will. By jr. high Missy was going halvsies with Melissa. By high school there were just a few holdouts. (To this day, they get a pass. You, however, do not.) There were a couple of other nicknames too, but those belong to stories for other days. College offered a fresh beginning. A time to be who I wanted. I became…Mel? Yep, Mel. For some deep, dark psychological reason I didn’t become Lissa. So, here I am, back to Melissa, still planning on switching to Lissa someday. And wondering why I haven’t yet and when I will.
- RT @jules_su: I spoke with the only student who is visibly not comfortable with the “salute”, he provided this statement. https://t.co/HbNB… 1 day ago
- On a level of 1 to totally, how weird is it when the guy behind you in the TSA line calls you by your first name be… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- RT @ThisIsOurLane: Since The @NRA is incapable of understanding the important role we the medical community have in this fight against #Gun… 2 days ago
- Tried to write a positive blog post but all I have to say is that my life is shit and my country is even shittier. 2 days ago
- RT @tauruselissa: We are homeless, lost everything and Red Cross told us there is no federal help i.e. Food cards, trailers etc. trump is… 2 days ago
Don’t make me repeat myself