I just celebrated a birthday. Not a big one, an almost big one. 39. One year until the (what I’m told should be) dreaded 4-0. But…I’m not dreading 40. I’m looking forward to my 40s. After all, it’s the new 30s, right? (I don’t know what that really means, but all the glossy magazines I’m too self-righteous to buy make it seem like a good thing.) My 20s were trying to be who I thought I should. My 30s have been figuring out who I want to be. My 40s are going to be showing who I truly am. The thing is, I’ve decided I truly am a brilliant, hysterically funny, hot as hell, rich, successful philanthropist. If I’m going to be showing that version of me when I turn 40, I really better get to work in the next year!
- RT @LAPublicLibrary: How it started How it's going https://t.co/xnYhDUzomG 1 hour ago
- https://t.co/XrgCQSZ7fp 8 hours ago
- Our White House: An Inaugural Celebration for Young Americans hosted by ... youtu.be/eiojaVjtSs8 via @YouTube 1 day ago
- RT @BerniceKing: As you honor my father today, please honor my mother, as well. She was the architect of the King Legacy and founder of @Th… 2 days ago
- RT @QasimRashid: The Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr brilliantly explains white privilege. A must listen. #MLKDay2021 https://t.co/Z… 2 days ago
Don’t make me repeat myself