I just celebrated a birthday. Not a big one, an almost big one. 39. One year until the (what I’m told should be) dreaded 4-0. But…I’m not dreading 40. I’m looking forward to my 40s. After all, it’s the new 30s, right? (I don’t know what that really means, but all the glossy magazines I’m too self-righteous to buy make it seem like a good thing.) My 20s were trying to be who I thought I should. My 30s have been figuring out who I want to be. My 40s are going to be showing who I truly am. The thing is, I’ve decided I truly am a brilliant, hysterically funny, hot as hell, rich, successful philanthropist. If I’m going to be showing that version of me when I turn 40, I really better get to work in the next year!
- RT @SarahLerner: what we’re not gonna do is turn a murderous misogynist into a fucking victim twitter.com/apcentralregio… 2 hours ago
- RT @laurenduca: The same people pretending to be cool with this freaked out over Obama bowing to the King of Saudi Arabia https://t.co/ueUX… 4 hours ago
- RT @megan_mcguir: Why are we talking about Hillary Clinton when 10 of my classmates and teachers died 2 days ago? Will we be forgotten abou… 4 hours ago
- RT @slackmistress: When you want to see Deadpool 2 but then you remember TJ M!ller... https://t.co/qYJaG8IQlQ 1 day ago
- RT @GlennonDoyle: Apparently the revolution will be televised. It’s on right now. Thank you, royals- for showing us the way. https://t.co/A… 3 days ago
Don’t make me repeat myself